CONFIRMATION PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS
Confirmation is that time in our lives where we study about our faith, the church, God’s relationship with us and how we respond to God. Confirmation is where we learn to say “yes” to God. This is why the order for confirmation is called “affirmation of faith”, saying yes to the faith that God has given us.
In our confirmation program, as we learn what saying “yes” means, there are certain expectations:
1. Students and their families will take part in worship. Worship is where we hear the word of God proclaimed, where we sing together, pray together, commune together, and share in fellowship. Students will be in worship a minimum of 18 times during the confirmation year. This includes attending Ash Wednesday worship and either Maundy Thursday or Good Friday.
2. Students will attend confirmation classes on a regular basis. If students are unable to be in class, please call (701-734-6485) before Sunday morning so that plans can be made. We will attempt to live stream classes on Sunne’s Facebook page.
3. Students will take monthly turns as acolytes (candle lighters).
4. Students will complete 12 sermon notes (forms are available here). Sermon notes are to help us learn to listen to God’s word to us during the sermon.
5. Students will take part in various service and fun projects. Times, events, and more information will be given out as each event approaches. This may also include a mystery trip.
6. Students are encouraged to take part in the annual camping trip.
Conf Camp Trip TRNP North Unit 5
Conf Camp Trip TRNP North Unit 4
Conf Camp Trip TRNP North Unit 3
Conf Camp Trip TRNP North Unit 2
Conf Camp Trip TRNP North Unit 1
7. Students are encouraged to take part in the activities of Sunne Lutheran Youth.
8. Students will be involved in various aspects of worship throughout the year.
9. Parents are encouraged to take part by helping with classes, activities, leading small groups, and by completing (with the student) the occasional take home student/parent worksheets.
10. We will attempt to social distance. Face coverings, while not required, are strongly encouraged. However, face coverings are required for the closing activity.
Acolyte Schedule 2021-2022
Confirmation Information and Worksheets
Confirmation Curriculum 2020-2021
Get to Know Folks
Holy Communion Worksheet
Feed the Hungry Worksheet
Reformation Study Worksheet
Who is God? Worksheet
Who is God – Jesus Christ Worksheet
Who is God – Holy Spirit Worksheet
The Birth of Jesus Worksheet
The Birth of Jesus Worksheet Part 2
The Lord’s Prayer
The Lord’s Prayer – Forgive and Temptation
The Existence of Evil
Death of Jesus
Resurrection of Jesus